Do you suffer from back pain? Are your shoulders always tense and tight? Do you have trouble sleeping or sitting for long periods? The reason behind these symptoms could be a spinal misalignment. If so, it’s important to get checked out by a chiropractor in Austin ASAP! Luckily, there are plenty of options that offer different methods of treatment. This blog will cover the benefits offered by chiropractors in South Austin and how they can help correct spinal misalignments.
Chiropractors specialize in spinal misalignments and correct these issues using manipulation, massage therapy, or physical exercise. This will help relieve the tension on your spine caused by chronic pain, leading to other health issues, including heart disease and diabetes, if not dealt with soon enough.
This blog post will include a few of the most common symptoms brought on by spinal misalignments, how to tell if you have one, and what chiropractors South Austin can do for you.
What Are Spinal Misalignments?
The word “misalignment” means when one’s spine is not in the correct position. When your back muscles are tight, arching your neck and head forward can push your spine out of alignment, causing misalignment or pain. Misalignments will often compress nerves which causes some people to experience numbness or tingling sensations in their arms and legs, some more than others.
Pain on one side of the body could signify that nerve damage has occurred along with spinal misalignments. It’s important to note this blog post does contain graphic images depicting an x-ray image where you may notice a disc bulge from being compressed by the vertebrae it is sitting next to due to spinal misalignments.
The key to reducing pain associated with spinal misalignments is through chiropractic care. A chiropractor in South Austin will often be able to tell if you have a spinal misalignment by using their hands on the back of your body. A chiropractor may also use other diagnostic tools, such as an x-ray or MRI scan, to confirm a problem and determine what treatments would work best.
What Do Spinal Misalignments Feel Like?
Pain is often the initial indication that something may be wrong, but there are other symptoms of spinal misalignments. A chiropractor can help you determine if your pain or another symptom might be a sign of a problem with your spine and not just muscle soreness after exercising.
Symptoms related to spinal misalignments can vary from person to person, but some common symptoms include :
- Neck pain radiates into the arms.
- Lower back pain in both legs or just one leg
- Feelings of weakness and numbness in certain areas of the body
- Pain is often felt in the back, neck, and extremities. It can be a constant pain or intermittent with episodes of increased intensity.
- A person may feel numbness or tingling sensations down their legs when sitting for long periods.
- People also experience these feelings as they sleep at night because spinal misalignments can cause pressure on nerves that run through your spine to other parts of your body, such as your feet and hands.
- Some people have headaches that are caused by brain stem compression due to spinal misalignments.
At River City Wellness, our goal is to provide a full spectrum of treatment options for people with spinal misalignments in South Austin, TX, so they can achieve long-lasting relief. Believing that there are many ways to treat pain associated with spine issues, professionals need to develop an individualized plan including all possible avenues. That way, patients will be able to get back on track faster than ever before!
How Do Spinal Misalignments Happen?
A healthy spine is made up of a series of interlocking bones called vertebrae. The bones are stacked on top of each other, and your disc spaces naturally cushion them from one another for movement. When you have misalignments, the pressure between these two parts isn’t equal, leading to injury in various areas throughout the body, including headaches, numbness, or pain in the limbs.
- The common cause for spinal misalignments includes sports injuries, falls, car accidents, and overweight and inactive people may develop spinal misalignments over time because of the strain on their back muscles. Regardless of what causes the issue – time will heal everything! If not treated properly right away, it could take weeks before symptoms start to disappear. Still, with chiropractic care, these disturbances can be corrected quickly without any side effects such as surgery or medication.
- Lack of chiropractic adjustments over time can lead to misalignments. When a spinal misalignment isn’t corrected, it can lead to more complicated issues down the line. Spinal misalignments can cause stress to your lower back and other joints, leading to pain or discomfort. There are plenty of chiropractors in Austin that specialize in correcting these problems with no need for surgery.
How To Correct Spinal Misalignment
Look for a chiropractor in Austin with the proper qualifications and credentials.
A chiropractor should provide you with a diagnosis of your condition and recommend the best course of action.
Different chiropractors will have different techniques for correcting misalignment. But most chiropractors use a combination of manual manipulation, physical therapy, and chiropractic adjustments.
- A chiropractor in Austin will start using their hands to feel the misalignment and then apply a manual thrust or movement. This technique is often used for spinal stenosis, sciatica, herniated disks, and other problems.
- Some chiropractors in Austin will provide a series of exercises, stretching, or massage to help alleviate the pain caused by spinal misalignments. Often, this may be needed as part of your treatment plan to alleviate any pain you are experiencing.
- The physical therapist can teach you exercises that mimic movements in everyday life without putting undue stress on your back. The aim is to keep the spine aligned and strengthen muscles around it so they don’t have to work overtime when doing normal activities like walking upright or bending down.
- A chiropractor in Austin will use spinal adjustments to correct misalignments. These adjustments can be conducted manually or with the aid of a special instrument called an activator. Many types of adjustments exist that can be used for different needs, such as the Thompson technique, Gonstead manipulation, or Cox technique.
- The purpose is usually to reduce pain by taking pressure off irritated nerves and realigning the spine. Your chiropractor will discuss your symptoms and create a tailored plan for your needs.
What Happens When Spinal Misalignments Are Corrected?
Approximately seventy-five percent of adults will experience back pain at some point in their lives. These misalignments can come from various sources such as accidents, sports injuries, or just the aging process. Many factors contribute to spinal alignment, including sudden jerks and twists that pull vertebrae out of position.
- A chiropractic adjustment is designed to realign your spine by applying pressure on joints until they are restored to proper function.
- Your chiropractor will check your spine and analyze what is causing the misalignment. This might include anything from strains to muscle spasms or even arthritis in joints. They can provide you with adjustments that are specially designed for your needs.
- Over time, these treatments may help reduce pain levels while also reducing inflammation around irritated nerves and realigning the spine.
- When your spine is corrected, the muscles, joints, and spine will be in their natural positions. It’s essential to identify what is causing your misalignment to get useful treatments that are right for you because every individual has different needs.
- The treatment may take time before it starts showing results, but changes should be seen over time as long as adjustments continue. You might also find relief from other pain levels such as headaches or migraines, which often have links to spinal issues.”
Chiropractic care does not usually result in any serious side effects, even though there may be some discomfort. There are some precautions to take before starting chiropractic care, such as avoiding any treatments if you’re pregnant or have cancer and letting Dr. Cody Capeloto, a chiropractor in South Austin, know about all medications being taken so they can make adjustments for them.
Chiropractor South Austin works with you in identifying what is causing the spinal misalignment and create a treatment that works best for you based on symptoms and needs. You should always contact us prior to beginning treatment if it’s been over two weeks since your last visit because our team might need more time during the initial assessment.”
Your doctor will take time during your initial visit with you to discuss what type of adjustments might be right for you and how often you should have an adjustment appointment. With the help of a chiropractor, you can correct spinal misalignments that may be leading to chronic pain.
When your spine is misaligned, it increases the stress on other areas like your back and neck. Dr. Cody Capeloto at River City Wellness in South Austin has helped many people with chronic pain by correcting their spinal misalignment through chiropractic care. If you’re experiencing any discomfort from head to toe, give us a call today at (678) 999-8212!