It’s never a bad idea to see an Austin, TX Chiropractor for any kind of back pain. Chiropractors can help you with your current injury and prevent future ones. They have the expertise to diagnose spinal misalignments and to adjust them so that they are corrected, which is what causes relief from pain in many cases.
In addition, chiropractors will often recommend exercises or stretches to do at home as well as other treatments such as acupuncture which have been shown to be effective for relieving chronic back pain over time too. The best way to find out if a chiropractor is right for you is by scheduling an appointment in Austin first thing!
Types of Conditions Treated by a Chiropractor
You are not alone. Millions of people suffer from back problems, neck pain, headaches, and other conditions that can be helped by a Chiropractor Austin.
We’ll take a look at some common conditions treated by chiropractors and the benefits you could see if your condition improves after visiting one:
- Sciatica – One of the most common causes for low back pain that people visit chiropractors for. Symptoms include tingling, numbness or pain in your leg, foot or buttocks.
- Fibromyalgia – A disorder characterized by widespread musculoskeletal pain and fatigue. The cause of fibromyalgia is unknown and there’s no cure, but it’s thought chiropractic treatments could help the symptoms.
- Stress Incontinence – Loss of bladder control due to weakened pelvic muscles. Treatments may include special exercises or manual manipulation of the spine.
- Neuropathy – This is a common term for nerve damage that causes pain and numbness in the hands and feet. It’s usually caused by diabetes but can also be triggered by injuries, blood pressure medications, chemotherapy, HIV/AIDS or alcoholism.
- Carpal Tunnel – A condition caused by pressure on the median nerve, often due to repetitive hand motions. The symptoms are pain, tingling and numbness in your thumb, index finger and middle finger.
How to Find the Right Chiropractor for You
Finding the best Chiropractor Austin for you can be a difficult process. There are many factors to consider, such as location, price range, and technique used.
Consider your needs carefully before making any decisions. The following list of criteria should help narrow down your search:
- Location – Where is the practice? Can you get to it easily?
- Pricing – How much does it cost, and what do you get for your money?
- Technique – What type of techniques are used to help treat your specific condition? Chiropractors use three main types: Diversified, Gonstead, and Thompson. Make sure the technique used by your chiropractor is the one that will be most effective for your specific condition.
- Comparisons – What are other people saying about the practice? Can you find reviews online?
The Benefits of Regular Care from a Chiropractor
When you live with chronic back pain, it can be difficult to get through your daily tasks. You may find that carrying groceries or gardening is beyond what you are physically capable of doing.
The first benefit of seeing an Austin Chiropractic is that they offer non-invasive treatments for patients who suffer from debilitating conditions like sciatica due to an injury or pinched nerve in the spine.
An Austin Chiropractor also offers other services such as massage therapy, trigger point therapy, and spinal decompression which all promote healing for those suffering from chronic back problems. They provide body alignment adjustments which have been shown to improve blood flow in the muscles around the spine.
They also provide spinal traction, which is a non-surgical way for your spine to be straightened.
For those suffering from a pinched nerve due to a herniated disc in the neck or from sciatica, or for those who are dealing with degenerative disc disease, Chiropractors Austin can provide patients relief from their agony. It is estimated that about 80% of the population will experience lower back pain at some point in their lifetime. Although the pain may not be caused by a pinched nerve or a herniated disc, chiropractors often find that the patient’s symptoms are relieved after a few sessions.
Why Choose a Chiropractor?
Back pain has a way of creeping up on us when we least expect it. Fortunately, there are many treatment options available to help you find relief from your back pain. One option is the Austin Chiropractic clinic.
Chiropractors specialize in spinal adjustments that can relieve tension and ease pressure on your spine, helping to reduce or eliminate back pain symptoms. In addition to this, chiropractors also offer other treatments for back problems such as massage therapy and physical rehabilitation exercises.
For more information about how a Chiropractor near me can help with different types of back problems visit our website!
River City Wellness Austin, TX
8708 S Congress Ave Suite 570 Austin, TX 78745