Chiropractic care is a type of treatment that focuses on the health and wellness of your spine. Its goal is to restore proper function, relieve pain, and prevent future injury. So what does this have to do with you? The answer: everything! Your spine is the foundation for all movement in your body. If it is not functioning properly, it can lead to serious health problems like chronic headaches, arthritis of the joints, spinal cord injuries, or even heart disease. Luckily, some chiropractors specialize in helping people maintain their health by ensuring they get checked out regularly to not experience these issues down the road.
When we hear the word “wellness,” most of us might think about physical fitness and eating healthy. But wellness also encompasses other aspects such as emotional health, spiritual growth, financial stability, and social relationships. One way to help achieve a more healthy body is through chiropractic care.
If you’re looking for a wellness blog that will teach you how to live your best life, then this is the blog post for you. Today we will talk about chiropractic care and why it can be so beneficial in keeping us healthy. We’ll also share some important facts about what chiropractors do and how they help improve our health.
What is Chiropractic all about?
The mission of chiropractic care is to promote, maintain and restore health by utilizing manual adjustments of the spine. Chiropractors usually work with patients that are experiencing back pain, neck pain, or headaches. Some people may also see a chiropractor for improved digestion or hormone regulation.
Chiropractors do not concern themselves with illnesses such as diabetes, tumors, or heart diseases. When treating a non-spinal-related illness, it is usually with other healthcare professionals because chiropractors are not medical doctors.
“The body has an innate intelligence that can heal itself.”. The chiropractor’s job is to find and correct the cause of what ails you, whether it is structural or functional.
Chiropractor’s range of work includes:
Promoting health and wellness by maintaining the spine in its proper alignment, so that nerve signals are not interfered with:
- Using gentle hands-on adjusting to correct misalignments and teach self-adjustment techniques
- Referring patients who might need other therapies or medical interventions that chiropractors are not qualified for.
- Chiropractic care uses manual therapy, principally spinal manipulation (spinal adjustment), to address neuromusculoskeletal complaints and disorders, especially low back pain.
Brief Background of Chiropractic Care
The chiropractic profession originated in 1895 with Daniel David Palmer’s invention of the “adjustable” spinal column that he claimed would restore health by balancing the body’s nervous system through alignment of joints and pressure on nerves supplying the spine.”
In the early 1900s, chiropractic had established itself as a viable profession. By 1910 there were more than 200 colleges teaching chiropractic, and by 1924 there were over 500 practitioners in the United States. Today, it is one of America’s most popular alternative therapies, with annual revenues exceeding $12 billion per year.
Today, chiropractic is a recognized profession with the ability to legitimately diagnose medical conditions and treat illnesses. Chiropractors are not physicians; they do not diagnose or prescribe medicine of any kind.
The tool kit for most chiropractors include spinal adjustment (manipulation), mobilization of joints, joint manipulation, soft tissue therapy, hand-held high-frequency devices, and electrical muscle stimulation.
14 Frequently Ask Questions:
- Is Chiropractic Care Safe?
A recent study in “The Spine Journal” confirms that chiropractic care is a safe and effective treatment for low back pain. The findings show that patients who had been to see a chiropractor were able to reduce their low-back pain by 30% in just three months, while those with no such treatment only experienced an 18% reduction.
“The Spine Journal” study is the largest and most rigorous to date, because it was a randomized controlled trial that followed patients for three months instead of just one month or less as in previous studies.”
- What is a Wellness Chiropractor?
“A wellness chiropractor is a doctor of chiropractic who chooses to focus his or her practice on the prevention, diagnosis, and treatment of conditions that are not limited to just back pain. He or she may also specialize in other areas such as pediatrics, nutrition, fitness, and rehabilitation.”
A chiropractor’s treatment will make you feel better and help your body heal quicker. We use gentle adjustments that we can adjust to get back in alignment with our spine for faster healing!
- What is the primary objective of a wellness Chiropractor?
A wellness chiropractor’s primary objective is to help you go through life feeling healthy, strong, and energized.
- Do I need to have the pain to see a wellness chiropractor?
No. A wellness chiropractor treats a wide variety of conditions including but not limited to back pain, neck pain, headaches, and migraines. Pain is just one symptom you may be experiencing which isn’t necessarily related directly to the spine or muscles around it.”
- What can I expect when I first see my wellness Chiropractor?
Typically, the first visit focuses on reviewing your medical history and evaluating any symptoms. Your Chiropractor will also take x-rays if necessary.”
- What can I do in-between visits?
It is necessary to think about what you eat, how often you exercise, and whether you sleep well. And while you’re doing that, think about your posture and how much time you spend sitting at a desk or in front of the television.
- How long does it take to see progress?
The more regularly you come in for treatments, the quicker pain relief will happen.
- What are some things I need to know before coming into my wellness chiropractors?
You can wear your regular clothes to a Chiropractic appointment. You may want to bring someone with you for moral support, especially if it’s your first time.”
- What can I do in-between visits?
It is necessary to think about what you eat, how often you exercise, and whether or not you sleep well.
- How does a Chiropractor prevent illness?
Chiropractic care helps the body heal itself naturally by removing any interference in your nerve system (e.g., misalignments or inflammation). It improves the function of all your body’s systems and helps you feel healthier.
- How does a Chiropractor diagnose illness?
Chiropractors use the following methods to help assess a patient: examination, testing for muscle strength or flexibility, palpation (feeling with your hands), observation of posture, range of motion, and neurodevelopmental screening.”
- Who should see a Chiropractor?
-Anyone who has experienced a recent injury and is experiencing pain or limited mobility.
-Older people with age-related changes to the spine, such as compression, spinal stenosis, or arthritis.
If you are pregnant and find yourself uncomfortable or in pain during your pregnancy, it may be time for some adjustments from a Chiropractor!
- Where can I find a legitimate and professional Chiropractor?
If you want to visit a chiropractor, you can set an appointment at River City Wellness, South Austin, TX. Our team can assure you that you will have the best service for we have our two leading competent doctors: Dr. Cody Capeloto and Dr. Peter Bjorn Martinez.
If you want to know more about our doctors and services we are offering, you can just follow this link: https://rivercitywellnessatx.com/
Or you can contact us at: (512) 768-2030. Our address is located on the website if you would like to visit in person. Also, you can visit our page to see testimonials of satisfied patients!
- What if I have had previous injuries?
Our doctors will assess the severity of those injuries. If they are not severe, then a chiropractor may recommend some exercises for you to do. If they are severe, it is highly recommended that you see a doctor or specialist for further treatment.
A wellness Chiropractor strives to:
- -Identify sources of pain and address them with appropriate treatment, including manual therapy such as spinal manipulation.
- -Improve the functions of your nervous system by addressing nerve interference or inflammation. It will improve how all your body’s systems work together to help you function better in life.
- Examine the spine for misalignments (subluxations) and gently adjust them to return the spine to its proper alignment.
- Rejuvenate your body with a gentle, low force technique that stimulates blood flow and helps you feel healthier.
Signs that I need to see a Chiropractor
- Pain and discomfort that has been there for more than 24 hours
- Frequent headaches or migraines.
- Any persistent neck pain, back pain, shoulder pain, joint stiffness, muscle spasms, or cramps.
- Sudden onset of any neurological symptoms such as numbness, tingling, weakness, difficulty walking, or coordination.
- If you have been in a car accident
- Any sudden pain and swelling around the joints of your spine
- Unexplained numbness or tingling that spreads up your arm from the lower back or down past their legs if they are experiencing low-back issues.
Benefits of Chiropractic care
- Chiropractors can help clients with joint pain.
- Nerve care is important to your overall health, and chiropractic treatments work on the nervous system as well.
- Chiropractors can treat muscle spasms or tightness that often occur after an injury or accident. They use gentle adjustments which reduce pain, restore range of motion, and repair or prevent future injury.
- Chiropractors can work with individuals to improve well-being and reach their personal wellness goals.
- -Many people have experienced relief from headaches and migraines after a chiropractic treatment!
- Chiropractors can help with carpal tunnel syndrome, abdominal hernias, lower back strain/pain, etc.
- Reduces reliance on opioid pain relievers- treatments have been shown to reduce dependence on pain medication, specifically opioids.
- Possible reduction of osteoarthritis symptoms- osteoarthritis is a chronic condition with pain and stiffness in the joints. Research has shown that chiropractic care may help reduce osteoarthritis symptoms and improve joint function and quality of life.
- Improved pregnancy and childbirth outcomes- Chiropractic care is often advocated as a part of the prenatal and postpartum period. It can lead to better labor progress, shorter labor, decreased epidurals/pain killers during labor, etc., pregnant women or new mothers.
- Enhanced mental health- Chiropractic care has been shown to improve mental health, including mood and stress levels. It can also reduce the risk of anxiety or depression when used with other types of treatment for these conditions.
- Improved airway function in asthma patients -Research has shown that chiropractic treatments may be beneficial in improving lung capacity and symptoms in people with asthma.
- Improved posture – A recent study has shown that chiropractic care can be beneficial in improving neck pain and improve postural changes, which may lead to fewer back problems.
Chiropractors are trained in anatomy, physiology, neuroscience, radiology, pathology, and more! They can provide a wide spectrum of services such as examinations, consultations, and diagnostic imaging; they also diagnose conditions causing pain or discomfort. They are required to graduate from a Doctor of Chiropractic (DC) or doctorate program accredited by the Council on Chiropractic Education.
Chiropractors are trained in all aspects of healthcare and have been extensively educated in manual therapy techniques such as adjustment and manipulation; they also perform therapeutic exercises, massage therapy, and spinal decompression. Also, chiropractic care can help you live a healthy and pain-free life while staying active! You don’t have to wait for the pain to occur: you see, prevention is always better than cure. A visit to a Chiropractor is a wise idea!